PLAYER IDENTIFICATION and MISCONDUCT(s)
- RATS league operates on the honor system for participation of players and teams as a whole. Every player participating in a RATS league game must be registered on the website and must be prepared to present name and identification (driver’s license) to the referee immediately upon request.
- Yellow Card: Name/ID must be presented to the referee by the offending player at the earlier of a) Before the game restarts. Send Off: Name/ID must be presented to the referee by the offending player in order for the match to resume. At the referee’s discretion, the match may be abandoned if the offending player does not present Name/ID.
Did Someone Get a Yellow Card?
A yellow card is an official caution. The yellow carded player must be substituted out, and may not return to the match until they provided the referee adequate identification. Once identified, the cautioned player may return to the match on the next substitution.
Did Someone Get a Red Card?
A red carded player must take no further part in the game and is required to leave the vicinity of the field of play. The player may not be replaced by a substitute; the team must continue the game with one less player.
Patterns of misconduct (player and team)
- Player Caution (Yellow Cards); A player’s third caution in a season, and every yellow card thereafter in that season, will result in a week suspension of that player
- Player Sendoff (Red Cards); will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by RATS judicial committee. Consequences may include player suspension for upcoming game(s), the season, or expulsion from the league.
- Team: pattern of repeat misconducts or failure to produce Name/ID
- Letter from the league to offending Team Manager regarding continued participation in RATS league is contingent upon honoring the posted rules and registration material.
- Multiple player misconducts will be reviewed by RATS judicial committee. Consequences may include player suspension for upcoming game(s), the season, or expulsion from the league.
- Patterns of repeat misconducts or failure to produce player Name/ID for any given team will be reviewed by RATS judicial committee. Consequences may include team missing next game(s) as a forfeit or expulsion from the league.
Suspensions for cautions and send offs may be appealed to the RATS disciplinary committee.
Appeals must state the reason for the appeal and must be submitted within 24 hrs of the suspension. The committee will exercise due process and will offer its ruling within 3 days of the appeal
Appeals must be in writing, but may be sent electronically to email@example.com