PLAYER IDENTIFICATION and MISCONDUCT(s)
- RATS league operates on the honor system for participation of players and teams as a whole. Every player participating in a RATS league game must be registered on the website and must be prepared to present name and identification (driver’s license) to the referee immediately upon request.
- Yellow/Red Card: Photo ID must be presented to the referee by the offending player or manager prior to restarting the match. If said player or manager refused to provide ID or fails to bring ID to the match, the referee will abandon the match and report the events as they occurred. Failure to provide ID could lead to further sanctions to the team as a whole.
Did Someone Get a Yellow Card?
A yellow card is an official caution. The yellow carded player must provide Photo ID as referenced above prior to the match restarting.
Did Someone Get a Red Card?
A red card is an official ejection from the match. The red carded player must provide Photo ID as referenced above prior to the match restarting and must leave the field complex. Failure to leave the field complex as request by the referee will result in the game being abandon. The player may not be replaced by a substitute and the team must continue with one less player of the same gender that was dismissed.
Patterns of misconduct (player and team)
- Player Caution (Yellow Cards); A player’s third caution in a season, and every yellow card thereafter in that season, will result in a week suspension of that player
- Player Sendoff (Red Cards); will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by RATS judicial committee. An automatic one game suspension will be in place. Consequences may include player suspension for upcoming (additional) game(s), the season, or expulsion from the league.
- Team: pattern of repeat misconducts or failure to produce Name/ID
- Letter from the league to offending Team Manager regarding continued participation in RATS league is contingent upon honoring the posted rules and registration material.
- Multiple player misconducts will be reviewed by RATS judicial committee. Consequences may include player suspension for upcoming game(s), the season, or expulsion from the league.
- Patterns of repeat misconducts or failure to produce player Name/ID for any given team will be reviewed by RATS judicial committee. Consequences may include team missing next game(s) as a forfeit or expulsion from the league.
- Teams with multiple misconducts may be suspended from their next game(s) as a forfeit or expulsion from the league.
- Teams refusing to provide Name and Photo ID for misconducts may forfeit the match in question and be suspended from their next game(s) as a forfeit and are subject to a financial fine up to $200 which must be paid prior to their next match.
Suspensions for cautions and send offs may be appealed to the RATS disciplinary committee.
Appeals must state the reason for the appeal and must be submitted within 24 hrs of the suspension. The committee will exercise due process and will offer its ruling within 3 days of the appeal
Appeals must be in writing, but may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated on 10/1/2017